The 30th Stuttgart International Animation Film Festival is now open for registration!
From April 25 to 30, 2023, the Stuttgart International Animation Film Festival (ITFS) will celebrate its 30th anniversary. The festival focuses on artistic animation cinema and innovative interactive and transmedia works. Comprehensive film and competition programs as well as curated support programs guarantee exciting and extraordinary inspirations and ideas. For six days, the ITFS invites everyone to Stuttgart to discover the richness and productivity of animated film and meet its actors to discuss and network. In 2023, the ITFS, one of the most important events in the world for animation, will continue to take place in cinemas and on Schlossplatz in Stuttgart, as well as in virtual space.
Animation films completed after October 1, 2021 can now be entered into the festival’s main competitions:
• International competition International competition for animated short films
• Young Animation International Student Film Competition for animated shorts
• Tricks for Kids international competition for short films and animated series for children
• Trickstar Nature Award competition for animated short films dealing with the themes of climate protection, biodiversity, environment and sustainability
The deadline for submission is December 1, 2022.
• AniMovie International Competition for Animated Feature Films
The submission deadline for AniMovie is January 16, 2023.
The application form and the film upload or documentation material must be received by Filmund Medienfestival gGmbH before the closing date.
Registration forms and rules are available at www.ITFS.de/en
Please use the online submission platform www.shortfilmdepot.com for the submission of the film.
There, the online entry form is available for the submitters and they can upload their film. An account is required to register. Participation in ITFS competitions is free, but the submission platform charges a small fee for its service, depending on the number of anime films submitted.
All additional information and contact details are available at https://www.itfs.de/en/professionals/callfor-entries/ .
More information about the ITFS 2023 and all competition categories can be found on the website www.ITFS.de/en and will be continuously updated.
Call for applications at a later date:
• German Animation Screenplay Award – Prize for the best German or English language screenplay for a German animated feature film production (call for applications November 2022 / deadline February 1, 2023)
• Trickstar Business Award – Award for the best innovative and future-oriented business model in the animation sector (call for applications December 2022 / deadline March 1, 2023)
• Animated Games Award Germany – Prize for the best and most innovative video game based on animation from Germany (call for applications December 2022 / deadline February 1, 2023)
• Crazy Horse Session – 48H Animation Jam – Prize for the best animated short film created in 48 hours. International teams take on the challenge of creating an animated short around the festival mascot Trixi in 48 hours in a live online animation competition. (Call for applications January 2023 / Deadline March 1, 2023)
About the ITFS
Founded in 1982, the ITFS has established itself as a world-class event for animated film. It celebrates animation in all its creativity and diversity through film screenings, conferences, workshop-debates, master classes, exhibitions, VR events and live animated performances and offers directors, production companies production and distribution a platform to present their films and transmedia projects to a large interested audience. public and many industry representatives. Animation enthusiasts of all ages have the opportunity to discover and experience animation in all its facets for six days. In the GameZone, interactive games, art installations and workshops allow you to experience the link between games and animation.
The ITFS emphasizes the promotion of young talent. In addition to well-endowed competitions, the festival offers them comprehensive opportunities for practical training. The ITFS relies on the professional competence and internationality of its speakers and guarantees exciting encounters with stars and industry experts.
Thanks to the unique combination of ITFS, Animation Production Days and FMX Media & Exchange (organized by Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg), the event has become a unique platform for financing and developing animation projects. . More than 6,000 trade visitors meet every year in Stuttgart for an intensive exchange of ideas.